The most influential hairstylist in the world
Jen Atkin, Celebrity Hair Stylist, Founder of @theOUAI and @ManeAddicts, Mother of 2 under 2, Dog Mom, Author, slip® Ambassador... and the list goes on.
I take my slip® pillowcase and sleep mask everywhere with me - naps at the airport, trips across the world, and on my bed at home! I always sleep on slip® silk for its hair and skin benefits.
1. Favorite slip® product?
My slip® pillowcase, I use it at home and always travel with one.
2. Juggling motherhood with work / what’s your secret to finding balance if at all?
Balance isn’t real but work/life boundaries are so helpful. Having a team to help with everything work and personal day to day makes it manageable.
3. Biggest pinch me moment in life so far?
I’d say partnering with P&G to grow OUAI or creating the Mane Addicts Creator Collective to build a talented team of stylists.
4. Who are you at home?
Now, I really cherish my time at home with my husband and babies—River, Roo, and Nugget. And I enjoy hosting friends and throwing puppy parties.
5. What do you want to be remembered for?
I’d love to be remembered for building up the people around me.
6. Life without your current career - where would you be, what would you be doing? What’s your sliding doors career?
I probably would have gone into a career in Social Media, I love possibilities with technology and the internet.
7. One beauty product you can't live without?
Either my Dr Dennis Gross Peel Pads or OUAI detox shampoo.
8. Favorite local restaurant in your hometown?
9. What is your morning ritual?
First thing I feed River and the dogs, then meditate and write down what I’m grateful for. Then I usually get a workout in.
10. What is something you are looking forward to?
I’m looking forward to having bigger gatherings with friends and family again and spending some time in Washington this Summer. OR I’m looking forward to all the other foster dogs we can help find homes for.